While efforts are underway to bridge the talent gaps in Singapore’s biotech sector, a wider mindset shift in the country to embrace failure and grow its entrepreneurial spirit is needed to ensure the long-term success of our Deep Tech economy. Juliana Lim, Executive Director – Talent, SGInnovate joins the conversation with The Breakfast Huddle on MoneyFM to discuss highlights from our recently launched report Bridging the Talent Gaps in Singapore’s Biotech Sector, and share more about initiatives that are in place to support the industry.
1:40 A broad overview of Singapore’s biotech ecosystem and how it’s grown over the years
2:40 Highlights from Bridging the Talent Gaps in Singapore’s Biotech Sector, and the impact of the talent shortage on the industry
4:50 Why it’s important to ensure Singaporean biotech professionals have the opportunity to widen their perspectives for career growth
5:30 The main areas and roles where the biotech sector is experiencing gaps
7:00 The stakeholders in growing Singapore’s biotech talent pipeline – who they are and how they can help
8:10 SGInnovate’s role in the ecosystem and the current initiatives that are in place to support the sector
10:20 Driving the mindset shift needed to grow Singapore’s Deep Tech talent ecosystem
Download Bridging the Talent Gaps in Singapore’s Biotech Sector to get more insights on Singapore’s biotech landscape, key challenges faced and how companies are working to address the talent shortage.
- How a career obstacle unlocked this software engineer’s passion for programming
- Allaying post-surgical pain: How developing medical “gamechangers” gives these scientists meaning
- Why partnerships between startups and healthcare providers is crucial
- An empathetic mentoring approach helping others advance in Singapore’s robotics sector
- Re-energising EV battery recycling to support a low carbon future