A 5 day short course for picking up Python programming. You will gain a comprehensive introduction to Python programming, covering key topics such as data types, variables, selection structures, functions, objects, classes and file I/O.
Deep Dive into Python is delivered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic and co-marketed by SGInnovate.
Python is one of the most popular programming languages around due to its powerful yet simple-to-learn features.
Used in diverse fields ranging from academic research, Artificial Intelligence, scientific computing to game development, Python is a valuable and versatile tool for creating quick solutions that can be easily understood.
Get a solid grounding in Python for development of applications, websites and web applications. Arm yourself with fundamental concepts of programming such as data types, variables, expressions, operators, selection structures, lists, functions, objects, classes and file I/O.
- Apply the steps involved in problem solving using computers
- Analyse problems and design suitable algorithms to solve real-world problems with a programming language
- Apply the fundamental concepts of programming such as data types, variables, expressions, operators, selection structures and repetition structures,lists,functions, objects and classes and file I/O.
- Participants are to bring their own laptop for the course
- Participants should be familiar with the use of computers
- Participants should preferably have passed GCE ‘O’ Levels course of study
- No previous programming experience is necessary
For enquiries, please send an email to [email protected]
|Applicants / Eligibility||Course Fees* (inclusive of GST)|
Full course fees
Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding*
Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy*
Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs*
Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding
Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
Others (and Repeat Students)
*Subject to SkillsFuture funding, administered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Terms & conditions apply.
Funding period for this course is from 11 May 2020 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
- Problem solving using computers and Introduction to Python
- Simple Python Programming and Debugging – Variables – Data types (integer, float, boolean) – Interactivity – Operators (mathematical, logical)
- Strings and Lists
- Selection Structure
- Repetition Structure
- File I/O
- Introduction to Classes
- Exception Handling
- Mini Assignment / Assessment