A 5-day short course for those looking to accelerate their learning in Cybersecurity.
Cyber Security Essentials is delivered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic and co-marketed by SGInnovate.
Due to the digital revolution and growth of Cloud Computing and Big Data, cybercrime has become a significant by-product and a daily threat to institutions and individuals alike.
With this constant compromise to online privacy and security, professional expertise to defend and eliminate cyberattacks are in demand more than ever.
Learn how to communicate and coordinate with managed security services providers and deploy and maintain best cyber security practices.
- Knowledge and skills needed to prepare for CompTIA’s Security+ certification exam (Ngee Ann Polytechnic is CompTIA’s Authorised Academic Partner. Authorised CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601): Student Guide + CertMaster Labs included. Optional: Security+ Exam Voucher would only be provided to those who perform well in this course and are determined to sit for this certification exam).
- Baseline skills needed to perform core cyber security functions and pursue a cyber security career
- Practical cyber security problem-solving skills
- Practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices
- To perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques
- To operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations
- To address cyber security incidents
- Latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection
- Core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs
- An overview of the various domains of cyber security and the essential principles of Network Security; Compliance and Operational Security; Threats and Vulnerabilities; Application, Data and Host Security; Access Control and Integrity Management; and Cryptography
- To communicate and coordinate with managed security services providers
- To deploy and maintain best cyber security practices
- Applicants should have Basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
- Applicants should preferably have passed GCE ‘O’ Levels course of study.
For enquiries, please send an email to [email protected]
|Applicants / Eligibility||Course Fees* (inclusive of GST)|
Full course fees
Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding*
Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy*
Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs*
Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding
Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
Others (and Repeat Students)
*Subjected to SkillsFuture funding, administered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Terms & conditions apply.
Funding period for this course is from 11 May 2020 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
- THREATS, ATTACKS & VULNERABILITIES (8 hours)
Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts.
- TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS (8 hours)
Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organisational security.
- ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN (6 hours)
Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design.
- IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT (6 hours)
Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls.
- RISK MANAGEMENT (6 hours)
Implement and summarise risk management best practices and the business impact.
- CRYPTOGRAPHY & PKI (6 hours)
Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure.