At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com
The Digital Strategy & Analytics (DSA) team is responsible for the digital transformation of SGInnovate. Be part of this exciting and pivotal effort to bring about positive and impactful changes to the organisation and the wider Deep Tech start up ecosystem. The DSA team drives and oversees progress on two fronts: (1) key digital product transformation projects and (2) data & analytics asset development. Key digital products will impact both internal and external stakeholders by optimising the platform through which we conduct our business. Data & analytics asset development entails building the data pipeline from source to data warehouse, before finally delivering insights to end user via dashboards. If the prospect of orchestrating strategical changes that are instrumental to the growth of SGInnovate and our key sector excites you, look no further and grow your career with us today
The role of a UI/UX Intern primarily shapes the user interfaces and experiences of our digital products. As part of our digital transformation project, the team needs to deliver useful and effective online platforms to help the various teams scale up in terms of engagements in events, workshops, jobs, and programmes. The UI/UX Intern will need to assist in gathering and shaping requirements and create intuitive and visually appealing solutions that resonate with our users. The role shall work closely with the Project Manager and Assistant Product Manager to ensure the timely delivery of quality products.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Feature Specification: Understand requirements and the product behaviour/functionality based on established business processes.
- User research: Assist in user research activities including user interviews, surveys and usability testing.
- Design: Create wireframes, user flows, prototypes to visualise design concepts and interactions. Iteration of this process based on feedback and new requirements from the team, while maintaining design systems and pattern libraries.
- Product QA: Identify, prioritise, and resolve technical, functional, and business quality issues across use cases that are applicable to the product/design. Work closely with vendors to fix defects or enhance the platform design.
- Voice of key stakeholders: Gather feedback from users of the platforms to understand how they engage with the product, make better decisions, and drive meaningful outcomes for the business
- Work with different teams on alignment of copy used on the platform
- Work with the team to establish best practices for project and product management
- Manage process, standards, and procedures to minimise rework and system failures
- Assist the team in change management through the delivery of guides and/or communication materials
- Stay up to date with industry standards and best practices
- Build relationships with business users to determine and resolve issues associated with systems implementation
You may be a good fit if you possess:
- Familiar with product and project lifecycle for technology products
- Familiar in project management and the various methodologies (e.g. Agile, waterfall, etc)
- Passion for user-centered design and keen eye for detail
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, or similar
- Basic understanding of user research methods and usability principles
- A portfolio showcasing your design projects and process (please provide a link or PDF)
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Professional attitude with excellent communications, writing and presentation skills
- Team player and ability to collaborate with and manage stakeholders across different teams
- Ability to connect and build relationships with stakeholders across different levels
- Ability to host and drive discussion with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and persuasive techniques
- Independent and resourceful problem solver
- Meticulous, structured, and methodical - Highly organised with attention to detail and can prioritise multiple demands and timelines to execute plans effectively
- Able to manage and excel in ambiguity to create structure from almost nothing
- Good to have consulting experience
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let's do a coffee chat.