At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
The Strategy Management Information Technology (SMIT) team is responsible for the digital transformation of SGInnovate. Be part of this exciting and pivotal effort to bring about positive and impactful changes to the organisation and the wider Deep Tech start up ecosystem. The SMIT team drives and oversees progress on two fronts: (1) key digital product transformation projects and (2) data & analytics asset development. Key digital products will impact both internal and external stakeholders by optimising the platform through which we conduct our business. Data & analytics asset development entails building the data pipeline from source to data warehouse, before finally delivering insights to end user via dashboards.
If the prospect of orchestrating strategical changes that are instrumental to the growth of SGInnovate and our key sector excites you, look no further and grow your career with us today!
The role of a Data & Analytics Intern primarily looks at developing end-to-end data assets to deliver information and insights to internal stakeholders readily. Strategically, the role also has a part to play in shaping and defining the data collected up stream in the transactional systems through the management of key digital transformation projects. He/she will report to the Data & Analytics Lead.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Design and develop strategic methods for data collection and analysis
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to ingest data from source to data warehouse before transforming it for downstream analytics or reporting purposes
- Develop and maintain data visualisation dashboards based on user requirements
- Uncover descriptive and predictive insights when working with the various internal teams
- Understand the data assets available throughout the overall technical architecture and make recommendations on the management of data
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Follow and adopt industry standards and agile development practices to accommodate rapid customer-driven specification changes.
- Manage digital transformation projects and work with external vendors to ensure the seamless collection and delivery of data
You may be a good fit if you possess:
- Interest in project and stakeholder management (e.g. Agile, waterfall, etc)
- Strong passion for data & analytics with knowledge and/or experience for:
- Data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc)
- Data transformation via coding or tools (e.g. SQL, Python, VBA, R and/or Talend, Informatica, Alteryx, AWS glue, etc)
- The management of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc)
- Commercial cloud managed services (e.g. AWS – EC2/S3/etc, GCP, etc)
- Automation/workflow tools (e.g. RPA, PowerAutomate, etc)
- Analytical techniques such as machine learning, text mining, web scraping, natural language processing, etc
- Data Governance, Metadata Management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Team player and ability to collaborate with and manage stakeholders across different teams
- Ability to host and drive discussion with multiple stakeholders
- Independent and resourceful problem solver
- Meticulous, structured, and methodical
- Able to manage and excel in ambiguity to create structure from almost nothing
If the above sounds like you and your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let’s do a coffee chat.