At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
Overview of Internship Scope:
SGInnovate is looking for a Community intern to join us as we sustain the development of Singapore’s deep tech innovation ecosystem – comprising startups, investors, corporates, researchers, government and international partners in Artificial Intelligence, Medical Technologies, Autonomous Vehicles, Quantum Technologies, etc. across key industries – Advanced Manufacturing, AgriFood, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Urban Solutions and Sustainability, etc.
This role will involve event logistics and management, event marketing, administrative tasks, as well as creative asset development (if possible), among others. You will be able to learn not only business skills such as project management, marketing automation, communications with partners, but also better understand the exciting innovation economy in Singapore and beyond.
As a Community intern, you will be responsible to manage and support all operational and administrative matters, to ensure smooth running of all programmes and activities. These would include:
a. Event Management and Marketing:
- Physical events: Booking and preparation of event space, liaising with freelancers/vendors/facilities, AV preparations and set-up
- Online events: Set-up of webinar functions, pre-event technical run, logistics and technical management during event
- Pre-event EDM: Liaising with designers on the invitation EDM; dissemination relevant segments of our database; working with partners to promote our activities to their networks; tracking of RSVPs and registrations; reminder EDMs for registered attendees on event logistics details
- Post-event EDM: Preparation and mailout to attendees/registrants.
- Edit and upload of event videos for posting on social media channels
b. Administrative matters and creative asset development:
- Download and preparation of all data points from various marketing tools for monthly reports. These include event registration and attendance numbers, database tracking, etc.
- Budget tracking: Tracking budget spend and matching of invoices against budget sheet during the invoice processing
- Creative assets: Development of photo and video assets from our activities, for marketing purpose
c. Market research / Content development:
- You may be involved in market research work to help better the team’s understanding of a particular innovation sector or topic (e.g. how to develop the next-generation of talent for the digital economy).
- You could also curate and organise events, from the conceptualisation stage to the execution of the event.
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let's do a coffee chat.