Professional Certification Programme: Software and Product Development
Organised by SGInnovate & NUS-ACE
This 6-month, full-time training programme is designed for those looking to accelerate their learning in software and product development to meet the increase in demand for roles like Full-stack, Frontend, Backend and DevOps Engineers in Singapore. The programme is co-designed and endorsed by a panel of industry experts.
Applications close on 10 May 2022.
You will learn strong fundamentals in software development and product management methodologies and frameworks, and acquire the necessary technical and business skills through structured training over 6 months.
The training programme is grouped into 3 clusters:
- Full-stack Development
- Business Analysis, Design & Product Management
You will attend full-day classes, at least 2 to 3 times a week, and complete projects for the modules included in the training programme.
The structured training serves to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- To understand and apply the various data structures commonly used in software engineering
- To develop applications using tools such as ReactJS & Angular, along with basic UI/UX designing
- To understand, utilise basic SQL instructions and set up SQL databases
- To understand the various developer tools and use them effectively to build web applications
- To understand product management methodologies such as Agile Development
- To analyse business requirements from key stakeholders and assess relevant solutions and their potential impact
- To be able to apply design thinking methodologies and frameworks and execute design thinking processes
This 10-module programme provides structured learning with practical, hands-on sessions to equip you to take on critical work functions related to software and product development after the training.
You will receive the following 4 Professional Certificates (PC) upon successful completion of the course:
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Full-stack Development
- Digital Product Strategy, Design and Management
You will also be awarded an Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) in Software & Product Development upon successful completion of the PCs.
- Hold a local Polytechnic Diploma or a recognised Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics-related (STEM-related)
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis, such as, based on evidence of at least 2 years of relevant working experience; or supporting evidence of competency readiness in the field of STEM.
Items to bring:
- You MUST have a laptop to attend this training programme
The course is currently undergoing review and approval from relevant funding authorities. The breakdown of the subsidised course fee is as follows:
(inclusive of GST
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$8,137.35|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$3,067.35|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$8,137.35|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$3,067.35|
*Subjected to SkillsFuture funding, administered by the National University of Singapore. Terms & Conditions apply.
The estimated full course fee without subsidies is $27,100 (inclusive of GST).
Topics: Software Development