Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Computer Vision
Presented by SGInnovate, NVIDIA & NSCC
Learn about the basics of Deep Learning and the latest technologies available in this one-day workshop. Suitable for beginners with no / minimal coding experience.
Led by experienced instructors, you can expect to learn the latest deep learning techniques for designing and deploying neural network-powered machine learning across a variety of application domains.
In the course, participants will learn to:
- Implement common deep learning workflows, such as image classification and object detection
- Experiment with data, training parameters, network structure, and other strategies to increase performance and capability of neural networks
- Integrate and deploy neural networks in your own applications to start solving sophisticated real-world problems
You will work with widely-used deep learning tools, frameworks, and workflows to train and deploy neural network models on a fully-configured, GPU accelerated workstation in the cloud. After a quick introduction to deep learning, you will advance to building and deploying deep learning applications for image classification and object detection, followed by modifying your neural networks to improve their accuracy and performance, and finish by implementing the workflow that you have learned on a final project.
At the end of the workshop, you will have access to additional resources to create new deep learning applications on your own.
Click here for more SGInnovate – NVIDIA Training Programmes.
08:45am – 09:00am: Registration
09:00am – 09:45am: Introduction
Introduction to deep learning, situations in which it is useful, key terminology, industry trends and challenges
- Course Overview
- Getting Started with Deep Learning
09:45am – 10:00am: Tea Break
10:00am – 12:00pm: Unlocking New Capabilities
Hands-on exercise: Training neural networks to perform image classification by harnessing the three main ingredients of Deep Learning: Deep Neural Networks, Big Data and the GPU
- Biological inspiration for Deep Neural Networks (DNNs)
- Training DNNs with Big Data
12:00pm – 12:45pm: Lunch
12:45pm – 1:25pm: Unlocking New Capabilities
Hands-on exercise: Deployment of trained neural networks from their training environment into real-life applications
- Deploying DNN Models
1:25pm – 3:05pm: Measuring and Improving Performance
Hands-on exercise: neural network performance optimisation and applying DNNs to object detection
- Optimising DNN Performance
- Incorporating Object Detection
3:05pm – 3:25pm: Summary
Review of concepts and practical takeaways
- Summary of Key Learnings
3:25pm – 3:40pm: Tea Break
3:40pm – 4:40pm: Assessment
Validate your learning by applying the deep learning application development workflow (load dataset, train and deploy model) to a new problem
- Assessment Project: Train and Deploy a Deep Neural Network
4:40pm – 5:00pm: Next Steps
Learn how to set up your GPU-enabled environment to begin work on your own projects. Get additional project ideas along with resources to get started with NVIDIA AMI on the cloud, NVIDIA-docker, and the NVIDIA DIGITS container
- Workshop survey
- Setting up your own GPU enabled environment
- Additional project basis
- Regular Ticket: SGD$450 / pax (before GST)
- 5% Early Bird Discount (ends 23 April 2019) - SGD$427.50 / pax (before GST)
- 10% Bundle Discount when your purchase together with Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Multiple Data Types Workshop (ends 9 May 2019) - SGD$810 / pax (before GST)
- 15% Bundle Discount when your purchase together with:
- Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Multiple Data Types Workshop and
- Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing (ends 9 May 2019) - SGD$1,147.50 / pax (before GST)
For group discounts or enquiries, please contact [email protected].
Oh Chin Lock
Chin Lock is currently the co-founder of a high tech sensor spin-off from the National University of Singapore (NUS). An experienced educator, he was with Temasek Polytechnic for more than 10 years where he played an instrumental role in launching courses and developing staff capability in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, business analytics and Big Data management. Prior to joining Temasek Polytechnic, Chin Lock was designing and building software products for large enterprises and an e-commerce startup. He has a keen interest in innovation and technology. Chin Lock holds an MSc in IP Management and a BSc (Hons) in Computer & Information Sciences. He is a senior member of the Singapore Computer Society where he also serves as an Information and Communications Technology career mentor.