Perl @ BASH, Level 3
79 Ayer Rajah Crescent
Normal Ticket - $1712
Kickstarting Your Machine Learning Journey
Presented by SGInnovate & NUS-ISS
Together with the National University of Singapore – Institute of Systems Science, SGInnovate is proud to bring to you an accelerated 4 days Machine Learning workshop designed to kickstart your journey into this field.
This workshop is designed for attendees with some technical skills e.g. software programmers, data analysts, developers who are comfortable with writing codes. Hit the ground running with hands-on machine learning experience through this workshop.
Machine learning is a field of research that can take years to attain mastery. Through this workshop, you will experiment in the areas that are most relevant today. The ultimate goal is to help you construct a learning map of areas to continue improving upon after each course.
Machine learning practitioners spend a lot of time experimenting. This workshop will, therefore, focus less on mathematics and theory, and more on the practical aspects of getting started with experimentation.
By the end of the course, you will also be designing and implementing your own project to apply what you learnt in your domain.
To benefit the most from this course, you are expected to have a basic programming background in Python, and / or able to quickly self-learn Python along the way.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the well-known machine learning techniques and applications
- Apply well-known machine learning models using Python libraries for classification, regression, and clustering
- Apply the machine learning workflow (data preparation, feature engineering, training and validation) for supervised and unsupervised learning problems
- Apply machine learning to a domain-specific problem of their choice, evaluate its effectiveness, and suggest further improvements
Prereqs and preparations
- Comfortable in writing codes
- Familiar with basic Python, NumPy, and Pandas
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Application of NumPy in representing and manipulating data
- Application of Pandas in transforming and querying data
- Application of Matplotlib in Data Visualization
- Training your first machine learning model
- Basics of training a machine learning model
- Application of machine learning algorithms for data classification
- application of machine learning algorithms for data clustering
- Going green: trees, forests for supervised learning
- Coping with dimensionality
- Individual project and checkpoint reviews
- Individual project and checkpoint reviews
- Individual project presentations
This is an intensive and compressed version of the full 25-day course.
Lisa Ong, Principal Lecturer & Consultant, Software Engineering & Design Practice NUS-ISS
Lisa is with the Software Engineering and Design Practice, StackUp program for National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS).
Lisa has multiple years of extensive experience in software product research and development at Microsoft Corporation (USA). Her background includes writing and delivering operating systems code, building and deploying web services, and also building AI systems in recent years.
At Microsoft, Lisa has led and participated in many interesting projects including the Microsoft Embedded Learning Library, involved compressing and deploying computer vision and machine learning algorithms on tiny devices. While part of the Windows product team, Lisa delivered operating system features such as a unified sensors API and driver stack, the Media Transfer Protocol stack, and geo-fencing capabilities on Windows OneCore.
Before Microsoft, Lisa had a stint at Nuance Communications (USA) as an Embedded Software Engineer, working on small footprint text to speech systems.
This workshop is eligible for CITREP+ funding.
CITREP+ is a programme under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) – an initiative of SkillsFuture, driven by InfocommMedia Development Authority (IMDA).
- CITREP+ covers up to 90% of your nett payable course fee depending on eligibility for professionals
Please note: funding is capped at $3,000 per course application
- CITREP+ covers up to 100% funding of your nett payable course fee for eligible students/full-time National Service (NSF)
Please note: funding is capped at $2,500 per course application
- Singaporean / PR
- Meets course admission criteria
- Sponsoring Organisation must be registered or incorporated in Singapore (only for individuals sponsored by organizations)
- Employees of local government agencies and Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) will qualify for CITREP+ under the self-sponsored category
- Sponsoring SMEs organization who wish to apply for up to 90% funding support for course must meet SME status as defined here.
- Meet the minimum attendance (75%)
- Complete and pass all assessments and / or projects
Guide for CITREP+ funding eligibility and self-application process:
For more information on CITREP+ eligibility criteria and application procedure, please click here.
In partnership with: Driven by:
For enquiries, please send an email to [email protected].
You may also like the following:
Deep Learning Jump-Start Workshop
Together with Red Dragon AI, we at SGInnovate are pleased to present the Deep Learning Developer Series. Back by popular demand, the Deep Learning Jump-start workshop is the first module of the Deep Learning Developer Series. This 2-days packed workshop is designed to introduce you to the skills needed to start your journey as a Deep Learning Developer. By the end of the workshop, expect to be empowered with the ability to take your new-found Deep Learning knowledge and apply it to your job/projects straight away!Topics:
Advanced Natural Language Processing and Temporal Sequence Processing
Together with Red Dragon AI, we at SGInnovate are pleased to present the Deep Learning Developer Series. This workshop is the third installation of the Deep Learning Series Workshop. In this module, we go much deeper into some of the latest techniques for using Deep Learning for text and time series applications.Topics:
Advanced Computer Vision with Deep Learning
Together with Red Dragon AI, we at SGInnovate are pleased to present the Deep Learning Developer Series. This workshop is the second installation of the Deep Learning Series Workshop. In this module, we go beyond the basic skills learned in module 1 such as Convolutional Neural Networks. This module will also expand your ability to build modern image networks using a variety of architectures and for applications beyond simple classification.Topics:
Deep Learning Jump-Start Workshop
Together with Red Dragon AI, we at SGInnovate are pleased to present the Deep Learning Developer Series. Back by popular demand, the Deep Learning Jump-start workshop is the first module of the Deep Learning Developer Series. This 2-days packed workshop is designed to introduce you to the skills needed to start your journey as a Deep Learning Developer. By the end of the workshop, expect to be empowered with the ability to take your new-found Deep Learning knowledge and apply it to your job / projects straight away!Topics:
Innovate, Scale, Accelerate Your AI Journey
Data is your most strategic asset and AI can help you unlock new value from it. However, will your current approach deliver the value you need to lead in your industry?Topics:
Artificial intelligence is already a part of our everyday lives, but for it to truly make a difference it needs to understand human emotions, says Live with AI founder Pierre Robinet.
This article is written by Pierre Robinet, who is a senior consulting partner at Ogilvy Consulting and founder of Live With AI, an independent think tank based in Singapore.