GSBF Connect: Pathways and Partnerships for Supply Chain Resilience
Organised by Enterprise Singapore and Asia-Pacific Committee of German Business. Supported by EDB Singapore and SGInnovate
Germany Singapore Business Forum had been held since 1994 to promote partnerships between Singapore SMEs and German Mittelstand. Taking on a new and refreshed format in 2020, Germany Singapore Business Forum (GSBF) Connect comprises a series of events throughout the year to facilitate partnerships across market access, innovation plus industrial and digital transformation. Their focus continues to be on promoting partnerships between German and Singapore companies, while enabling faster, more digital and multi-dimensional connections.
Global supply chain disruption is a major challenge faced by many businesses today. Many companies are rethinking where and how they make and source their goods. The pandemic has also intensified diversification away from single sources and to produce closer to market. As economies and businesses reopen, forward-looking manufacturing companies see an opportunity to revitalise and rebuild supply chains for longer-term resilience and optimisation.
Entering into its 28th year of existence, this edition of GSBF Connect will bring together industry experts to share their experience and perspectives on key supply chain movements, challenges and strategies. Participants can also gain insights into how Singapore and Southeast Asia can play a role in the transformation of your advanced manufacturing and supply chain activities. Come join us as we share experiences of Singapore companies working together with German companies, to help them anchor key manufacturing activities in Southeast Asia to strengthen their supply chain.
You may choose to register for one of two concurrent closed-door group breakout sessions for the event, centred on Sustainable Manufacturing & Supply chain or Trade & Logistics upon registration.
- Hear from industry experts on the latest supply chain trends and challenges and their own transformation journeys.
- Find out how you can leverage Singapore as an advanced manufacturing hub for Southeast Asia. Learn more about the region’s logistics infrastructure and connectivity to enhance supply chain efficiencies.
- Exchange insights and learn from senior industry leaders in supply chain and advanced manufacturing at our curated and closed-door group breakout sessions.
- Network with like-minded partners through dedicated business matching sessions.
Time: 3:00pm - 6:00pm (Singapore Time / UTC +8)
3:00pm - 3:02pm: Introduction & Welcome
3:02pm - 3:10pm: Opening Keynote Addresses by Co-Chairs, Mr Peter Ong, Chairman of Enterprise Singapore and Prof Dr -Ing Axel Stepken, Chairman of the Board of the German Asia-Pacific Business Association (OAV)
3:10pm - 3:20pm: Keynote Presentation on Redefining your Supply Chains through Singapore and the Southeast Asia Region by Mr Chua Wei Chuan, Vice President and Head of Supply Chain & Connectivity, Economic Development Board (EDB)
3:20pm - 4:00pm: Panel Discussion on Pathways and Partnerships for Supply Chain Resilience
4:00pm - 6:00pm: Sectoral Breakout Discussions (Closed-Door) and Business Matching Sessions
- Breakout 1: Leveraging Tech and Co-innovation for more Sustainable Manufacturing and Supply Chains
- Breakout 2: Insights on Trade & logistics to build your supply chain in Southeast Asia
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain