At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. We focus on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and coinvestors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
Development within the Venture Investments –team works closely with Deep Tech startup founders to grow their companies, helping them gain access to partners, experts and corporates, to improve business outcomes and attractiveness of follow-on funding. Members of the Development team will have the exciting opportunity to unlock value within SGInnovate’s portfolio of startups. For those interested in becoming a Venture Capitalist, this role is a good stepping stone into the world of deep tech startups and investing.
Assist or support program(s) activities for startup founders of investee companies. Programs may cover areas such as marketing, operations, resource management, regulatory for products, etc. in the running of a business; and advancing milestones
You may be a good fit if you:
- You are fascinated by technology and keen to understand the iterative process of technology business innovation to go-to-market.
- You are motivated to understand and learn about commercialization pathways of a broad spectrum of topics related to technology, such as alternative energy sources, alternative proteins, biotech, blockchain, quantum, materials science, etc.
- You possess basic accounting, financial and business understanding to help evaluate the financial health of a business.
- You are a builder who enjoys critical thinking and problem-solving
- You possess good written & spoken communications skills
- You have an interest in venture capital
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Science/ Technology/ Engineering/ Mathematics
- Experience in project management in areas such as MedTech, AgriTech and Advanced Manufacturing, etc.
- Prior VC/investing experience would be advantageous
If the above sounds like you and your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let’s do a coffee chat