At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
This role is with AiT, a start-up supported by SGInnovate. AiT is a start-up supported by SGInnovate and is looking for an experienced Product Development Head to build and develop an amazing tech solution with the team.
As a Research Engineer Intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in robotics to complex and challenging problems. You will also be responsible for interpreting partnership briefs, technical implementation of specifications, testing electronic systems and writing up improvement plans.
- Experience in firmware/software development, particularly with Machine Learning for Robotics applications
- Experience with integrating electronics hardware with robotic systems, building ROS API, computer peripherals interface bus protocols (USB, Ethernet, CAN, etc.)
- Experience in training and testing Machine Learning and deploying models on a robot platform (e.g. for image segmentation, object classification) in pick and place tasks
- Familiarity with robot programming, setting up RTOS, (e.g. on ROS) and developing end-to-end solutions and systems.
- Familiarity with Deep Learning development platforms (e.g. Tensorflow and PyTorch)
- Experience with event-driven sensors and Machine Learning for event-driven sensors
- Experience with neuromorphic hardware a plus
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Electronics/Computer Science or related discipline
- Basically Passionate about advancing robotic technologies!
- Strong communicators who are able to talk with stakeholders and explain complex issues
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills to manage technical tasks and analytical skills to carry these tasks out effectively
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good critical thinking to solve issues and develop more efficient systems
- Good Team Player
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let's do a coffee chat.