At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
The Investments – Corporate Engagement team helps shape the areas of investment the team needs to focus on by engaging with corporates to identify emerging technology areas that corporates are interested in and are willing to invest into. As an intern in the team, you will have the exciting opportunity to support the team in identifying Venture Capital (VC) investable segments and shaping the investment focus areas.
- Conduct landscape studies across designed sectors in the Deep Tech space to stay abreast of the latest emerging technology trends
- Work closely with universities and research institutions to understand the type of research opportunities that are spinning out
- Work closely with corporates to identify market opportunities
- Support the execution of innovation programmes and initiatives to engage corporates
You may be a good fit if you:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken) and time management skills
- Have interests in driving initiatives to engage the corporates and startup ecosystem
- Have interests in emerging technologies (e.g. decarbonisation, the hydrogen economy, quantum technology, medtech, biotech) and VC
If the above sounds like you and your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let’s do a coffee chat.