This role is with AiT, a start-up supported by SGInnovate.
At SGInnovate, we invest in start-ups that have the ambition, passion, and expertise to develop Deep Tech solutions to challenging global problems. We help them knock down barriers — technical, adoption, and market — like no other and connect them with top talent and bring together great minds across the ecosystem to discuss, share and inspire ideas of innovation. SGInnovate is a private-limited venture capital wholly owned by the Singapore Government. AiT is a start-up supported by SGInnovate and is looking for an experienced Product Development Head to build and develop an amazing tech solution with the team.
As the Head of Product Development (18-month contract, with a view to convert to a permanent role post the fund raise), you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and practice of robotics in developing a new marketable product from concept to distribution for a Deep Tech project. You will also be responsible in improving existing products to meet market’s needs and revitalize a current market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and lead all technical aspects of the product category projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership to a group of engineers responsible for delivering projects that meet the required objectives and timing.
- Work closely with founders to translate their scientific vision into product reality.
- Deliver successful and sustainable products within given categories.
- Ensure timely development, scale-up and launch of products.
- Drive efficient technology integration and optimized architectures.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns through the SGInnovate engineering principles and strategies.
- Experience in design, development and commercialisation of technology products/systems.
- Masters/PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong track record of research excellence with work published in top conferences and journals such as RSS, ICRA, IROS, T-RO, IJRR, NIPS, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, AAAI, ACL and EMNLP.
- Or strong track record of bringing hardware products from R&D to market sales.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python, MATLAB, and/or C/C++.
- Fluency in modern deep learning toolsets such as TensorFlow or Torch is a plus.
- Experience in project management.
Good to have’s:
- Extensive stakeholder management with business users and senior management.
- Team player with strong organisation and people handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Passionate about human-robots interaction and making robots more intelligent.
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected]and let's do a coffee chat.