This role is with AiT, a startup supported by SGInnovate.
At SGInnovate, we invest in startups that have the ambition, passion, and expertise to develop Deep Tech solutions to challenging global problems. We help them knock down barriers — technical, adoption, and market — like no other and connect them with top talent and bring together great minds across the ecosystem to discuss, share and inspire ideas of innovation. SGInnovate is a private-limited venture capital wholly owned by the Singapore Government. AiT is a startup supported by SGInnovate and they are looking for an experienced Product Development Head to build and develop an amazing tech solution with the team.
As the Head of Product Development (18-month contract, with a view to convert to a permanent role post the fund raise), you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and practice of robotics in developing a new marketable product from concept to distribution for a Deep Tech project. You will also be responsible in improving existing products to meet market’s needs and revitalise the current market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and lead all technical aspects of the product category projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership to a group of engineers responsible for delivering projects that meet the required objectives and timing.
- Work closely with founders to translate their scientific vision into product reality.
- Deliver successful and sustainable products within given categories.
- Ensure timely development, scale-up and launch of products.
- Drive efficient technology integration and optimized architectures.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns through the SGInnovate engineering principles and strategies.
- Experience in design, development and commercialisation of technology products/systems.
- Masters/PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong track record of research excellence with work published in top conferences and journals such as RSS, ICRA, IROS, T-RO, IJRR, NIPS, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, AAAI, ACL and EMNLP.
- Or strong track record of bringing hardware products from R&D to market sales.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python, MATLAB, and/or C/C++.
- Fluency in modern deep learning toolsets such as TensorFlow or Torch is a plus.
- Experience in project management.
Good to have’s:
- Extensive stakeholder management with business users and senior management.
- Team player with strong organisation and people handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Passionate about human-robots interaction and making robots more intelligent.
If the above sounds like you & your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let's do a coffee chat.