At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges.
SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
SGInnovate is looking for a Corporate IT Specialist (Contract) to join our Corporate Services - IT team.
- Effective risk management, focusing on monitoring, treatment, avoidance and reporting of all security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats across the End-User Computing (EUC) portfolio - desktop (Mac/Windows), cloud apps, mobile devices, office Wi-Fi, etc.
- Support IT security projects.
- Strong and effective communication to stakeholders regarding IT security matters.
- Regularly create and maintain reports outlining all outstanding and emerging risks, vulnerabilities, and exposure across the EUC portfolio.
- Regularly review threat and vulnerability advisories from internal and external sources and follow-up on remediation actions across the organization.
- Assessing control gaps against current threats, and analysing security logs for anomalous or risky activities.
- Contribute to building and automating IT security controls.
- Support and contribute to the development and execution of the organization’s cyber security strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc IT Operations end-user support.
- Diploma in Information Technology and/or industry certifications in IT Security, such as Microsoft technologies, and AWS.
- 2-3 years of working experience in end-user support/security teams with an engineering or operations focus
- Prior experience working with Microsoft 365 Information Governance and Compliance is highly preferred but not mandatory.
- Prior experience with enterprise Endpoint security practices including but not limited to, endpoint hardening, policy management (such as Microsoft Intune, Trend Micro suites, or equivalent)
- Prior experience in developing and delivering security controls in the enterprise environment.
- Ability to build and maintain stakeholder engagement
- Well-read and continuously stays up to date with the latest developments in the cyber security arena
If the above sounds like you and your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let’s a coffee chat.