At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit www.sginnovate.com.
The Investments – Development team works closely with Deep Tech startup founders to grow their companies, helping them gain access to partners, experts and corporates, to improve business outcomes and attractiveness of follow-on funding. As an Assistant Manager/ Manager in the Development team, you will have the exciting opportunity to unlock value within SGInnovate’s portfolio of startups. For those interested in becoming a Venture Capitalist, this role is a good stepping stone into the world of deep tech startups and investing.
• Develop programmes and initiatives to strengthen the capabilities of founders
• Advise startup founders in areas such as sales, operations, product and marketing
• Account manage portfolio startups – attend investor meetings, manage portfolio reporting and support the startup with their needs
• Lead the commercialisation of research being developed in universities and other institutes
You may be a good fit if you:
• You are fascinated by technology and have no qualms diving into topics such as hydrogen energy, alternative proteins, biotech
• You possess financial and business acumen to evaluate startups
• You are passionate about helping startup founders
• You can drive initiatives that can create a huge impact for our startups and business
• You are a builder who enjoys critical thinking and problem-solving
• You possess good written & spoken communications skills
• You have an interest in venture capital
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Science/ Technology/ Engineering/ Mathematics
• Experience in project management in areas such as MedTech, AgriTech and Advanced Manufacturing
• VC / investing experience would be advantageous
If the above sounds like you and your dream job, send us your CV at [email protected] and let’s do a coffee chat.